Welcome to Myanmar Nurse and Midwife Council (MNMC) for the purpose of regulation on Nursing Midwifery Education and Services. The Myanmar Nurse and Midwife Council was established since” The Midwives and Nurses Act “operationalised in 1st November 1922 in Burma Act X, 1922. The State Law and Order Restoration Council Law No 19/90 of The Union of Myanmar enacted nurse and midwife law on 14th Waning Day of Thadinkyut, 1352ME (17th October 1990).
- To regulate the practice of registered nurses, midwives or nurse-midwives according to the professional code of ethics.
- To promote professional dignity of nurses, midwives and nursing-midwifery personnel.
- To provide necessary suggestions to the Ministry of Health for effective implementation of primary health care.
- To raise the standard of nursing or midwifery profession and practice.
- To promote education, service, research and career advancement in nursing, midwifery and nursing-midwifery profession.
Authorities & Responsibilities
- Register and issue license for nurses, midwives, and nurse-midwives.
- Suspend or revoke a nursing, midwifery, or nurse-midwifery license.
- Approve and recommend the nursing, midwifery or nursing-midwifery curriculum and education program.
- Accredit academic Institution and training program to reach the International Level.
- Scrutinize and accept the nursing and midwifery profession.
- Urge to conduct continuing nursing education to upgrade competency of nurses, midwives and nurse-midwives.